Friday, June 26, 2009

Thoughts from the Road


Tonight I write from the front seat, passenger not driver, of a rented Ford Expedition as I do my good friend Bryant a large favor that I will most certainly hold over his head for years to come. Why am I on the road at 3:00 am? We are transporting a World Changers summer staff team on one of the worst back-to-back projects in the history of back-to-back projects (Columbia, SC to Tupelo, MS). They get their much needed rest to begin their next project in a few hours, Bryant drives and I try to stay awake, hence the blog.

With all the time in the world to ponder stuff and a quiet automobile to ponder them, thoughts race through my head, but the heaviness of yesterday dominates my mind. It was a sadly historic day and a sobering reminder how fragile and uncertain our days are. Pursue that which is eternal. Live with devotion and purpose Ephesians 5:15-16:

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.

Life is but a vapor, make the most of it. Many more miles lay ahead of us tonight and my purpose for now is to help keep my driver awake, so I must get back to it.


No comments: